Headlines

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Winter Training

So I thought I would share how my winter training has been going. After clubs I took a couple of days off. (the after party hurt a little) The week of the 10th I ran basic mileage. On the 14th Sean Bowman administered a vO2 max test at ISU before I left for break. My current vO2 is 63.2 I was pretty happy with that. It was my first test and it was a little harder than I thought it would be. I did not realize that you have to have your nose plugged. I believe that was the hardest part. We are going to do another one in a couple months to see how I improve. I wish I could have done one early in college to track my improvement So far this week I have got back into more consistent training. Tuesday I did a 5 mile tempo in the middle of a 10 mile run. I just finished a short workout on the track (with Kurt Heimann) We ran 6x400 with 90 sec rest. I ave 63.7, while Kurt ave 62.1, we left the trainers on due to some snow that we could not scrap off. I am going to do mileage the rest of the week and will end up with about 65 this week. I'll be back soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What race are you training for Justin?

Justin Kunz said...

I am just training of the upcoming indoor and outdoor season. I have not decided if I will run USATF Cross Country Championships next month. I think I better make up my mind on that soon.